How to Make Ribbon and Chair Decorating Bows
- Category: Wedding Crafts
- Written by Super User
Do it Yourself
How to Make Ribbon and Chair Decorating Fabric Bows
With step-by-step instructions
Copyrights© 2011 Nily Glaser, All Rights Reserved
How to Make Chair Bow Using Fabric
Basic Ribbon Bow
1. Cut a ribbon to the size you need to be used for the first tail. Hold the ribbon with your thumb and forefinger.
2. Make a loop on one side, assuring that the right side of the ribbon faces you. .
3. After making a full twist of the ribbon, make a loop on the other side, again assuring that the right side of the ribbon faces you.
4. Secure the loops with a thin wire.
Floral Ribbon Bow
Make the widest part of this bow at least 8 inch in diameter and embellish it with flowers for a gorgeous pew bow.
1. Pinch the ribbon at the center and make a loop, leaving the tail as long as you desire.
2. Add loops that increase in size and pinch each at the center. Continue adding loops until the bow looks full and the tail has been used.
3. Secure the loops by twisting a thin wire tightly in the center of the bow. Jewelry wire works well.
4. Fan out the loops till the bow looks full and fluffy.
5. Shape the ends of the tails with diagonal cuts to finish off the bow.
Layered Ribbon Bows
This type of bow is a combination of ribbons that make the bow look full. It is easy to make and you can use several colored ribbons to make it.
- Make a few floral bows,
- each bow is bigger than the one that will be placed above it.
- Fasten the bows with a thin wire and fan out the loops to complete the bow.
How to Make Chair Bow Using Fabric
A chair bow adds the perfect look to any formal events especially weddings This bow is usually made using only fabrics or using fabrics in combination with ribbon.
- Choose your colors. Your wedding or event colors should dominate. However, make sure that the colors do not clash.
- Decide on the material to use. The most common types are tulle, organza, satin and cotton. The most common choice for formal events is, satin because it is a soft and elegant fabric.
- Choose whether to make Simple Sash chair Bows, Classic Chair Bows or alternate both.
Simple Sash Bow
The easiest way to decorate the back of the chair is to tie the fabric with a knot, making it the center of the two tails coming out of each side. It is nice as it is but can be breath taking if the center knot is embellished by attaching a decorative item such as an ornament, a single flower or a bunch of flowers, a small round frame with a photo of the bride and groom or with a thank you note to the guest seating on the decorated chair, etc. Choose the decoration that is the most perfect for the motif of your event.
Classic Chair Bow
Tie the fabric as above. Make sure that both tails are even in size. Use the tails to make a bow. The classic chair bow is quite elegant as it is but just like the sash can be exquisite if the center of the bow is embellished by with a decorative item such as an ornament, a single flower, a bunch of flowers, a small round frame with a photo of the bride and groom or with a thank you note to the guest seating on the decorated chair, etc. Choose the decoration that is the most perfect for the motif of your event.
Permission to re-print
If you would like to add contents to your site, newsletter, or publication, we grant you permission to post this Article and forward it to your friends. You must include all copyrights information, keep each articles AS IS with no additions or deletions, (grammatical corrections accepted), actively hyperlink to A-wedding Day and to any links within the article, and post the entire by-line. Set By Nily Glaser right under the title of the article, as a hyperlink.
If you have limited space on your web site, you can link directly to the article by placing a hyperlink to
Copyrights © 2012 All Rights Reserved Nily Glaser
Nily Glaser, the CEO of A-wedding Day at: A-wedding Day. is a published author. She writes important articles, and her Personalized Wedding Planning Organizer is a hit even in its pre-published edition. She has presented workshops for parents and for wedding professionals all over the USA. To read more articles CLICK HERE Her web site is a very popular Wedding Resource and Information Center, and a discount shopping mall. It specializes in family wedding with kids, and theme weddings. It offers discount wedding gifts, bridal accessories, print your own invitations, favors and the very unique items offered, including the exclusive line of wedding Accessories By Nily.
Please Email us a courtesy copy of your publication and / or the URL and a web site link.
Please snail mail a copy of any printed publication using this article to:
A-wedding Day, A Gan Publishing Company
7900G Limonite Avenue Suite # 323
Riverside, California 92509